Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 03:54:59 +0800 (CST)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wd support in RELENG_3

I wrote:
>I installed my laptop with RELENG_3, and after struggling for several days
>with pccardd configurations, I discovered that there does not seem to be any
>PCMCIA support in the 3.0 wd driver.

Nevermind.

After digging deeper into PAO vs. 3.0 PC-CARD support, I discovered that
the only difference between the two interfaces is a minor change in one
struct.  Once I figured out what was going on, it took me about 20 minutes
to hand apply the 2.2 PAO patch to the 3.0 wd driver.  It works fine now.

The lack of a "cardio" argument in the 3.0 pccard.conf really complicates
the configuration process, though.

	-Michael Robinson