Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:48:15 -0800
From:      "David Fuchs" <dfuchs@beastie.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cyrus causing kernel panic 12

We're running the Cyrus IMAP server v1.5.24 on FreeBSD 4.1.  After a
power-failure crashed the server a few weeks ago, the system has
continued to crash every 16-20hrs - like it's a religious ceremony or
something.  The problem is somehow related to Cyrus, but we don't know
how to fix it.  We can't just delete all the mailboxes because it's the
main server for an ISP, and many customers rely on it.  Following is the
error message that keeps popping up - there has not been any variation
in the message except the process (either cyrus' "quota" or "deliver")
that causes the crash.  The system crashes immediately upon a quota
check.  We've removed the quotas and headers, and then reconstructed the
headers, but that didn't help.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

-David

mp_lock = 01000002; cpuid = 1; lapic.id = 00000000
fault virtual address    = 0x0
fault code    = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer    = 0x8:0xc01fd293
stack pointer    =    0x10:0xd4217d48
frame pointer    =    0x10:0xd4217da4
code segment    = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                         = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process    = 61440 (quota)
interrupt mask    =   <- SMP: XXX
trap number    = 12
panic: page fault
mp_lock = 01000002; cpuid = 1; lapic.id = 00000000
boot() called on cpu#1

syncing disks... panic: lockmgr: locking against myself