Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 22:48:46 -0500
From:      Michael C Reineck <mreineck@nconnect.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   keyboard and system lockups

I have recently installed FreeBSD and lately have been having problems
with the keyboard locking up.  When this happens the first time I am
still able to use the mouse to log out of my X Windows session.  After
this happens a couple of times my mouse no longer works and the only
thing I can do is restart the machine.  When I run fsck it says that
there are no problems.

The last things that I did before this happened was to turn on lpd (in
/etc/rc.conf), install Netscape Communicator, Staroffice and of course
the necessary Linux stuff.  Any help would be appreciated and of course
if you need more information just ask.