Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 11:48:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        tiller@connectnet.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a file system for FreeBSD and OS/2's HPFS?

> 	Ok, here is my second e-mail to the list, and it's a much quicker
> question. :)  I have not seen anything about a file system for use with
> FreeBSD that will work with OS/2's HPFS (High Performance File System).
> I use OS/2 primarily, and am going to start working with FreeBSD on my
> home system, booting with OS/2's Boot Manager to the fbsd system for
> some development work.  I know I can mount DOS file systems with fbsd,
> but I don't want to have to move all my files to the commonly accessible
> DOS partition since HPFS gives a lot of advantages in OS/2.

Nope.  There is, of course, the MS-DOS file system.  You could take the
source to that, and a book explaining the (gory) details of HPFS, and
develop one for all of FreeBSD-land.  Or you could try to pester a
filesystem "expert" into doing it for you.  I'm not one, by the way.
Try terry@lambert.org.  ;^)