Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 14:30:45 -0600
From:      Blaine Minazzi <bminazzi@denverweb.net>
To:        isp@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Active Server Pages

Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> >On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Blaine Minazzi wrote:
> >
> >> Does it conform to any RFC's, or is it more microsquid propriatary stuff
> >> that only runs on their crappy NT servers?
> >> In other words, is it OPEN?
>
> Oh, I'm sorry -- I forgot that Microsoft was not allowed to invent any
> new technology, anymore.

They can invent anything they want. _THIS_ however is a UNIX ( FreeBSD )
list.  If the stuff is typical microshit, you have have NT to run it.
The original question was about using this technology under FreeBSD....

> There is no OPEN standard (i.e. there are no RFCs (that I'm aware of))
> that cover the kind of technology I was describing.  Yes, this is new
> technology that Microsoft invented.

In other words, only a small percentage of the internet servers find
this to be of any use.  Typical MS BS.    :-)

> >I'm not completely sure, but I believe I heard somewhere that it runs only
> >on Microsoft's IIS (Internet Information Server).
>
> This is correct.

Therefore, it is useless to most of the people on this list. We will use
PHP and the like to make the magic happen.

Blaine