Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:10:38 +0200
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Oliver Breuninger <ob@seicom.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linear PCMCIA memory

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 11:54:55AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <39004EEB.C3803816@seicom.net> Oliver Breuninger writes:
> : does someone know how it's possible to access a linear
> : PCMCIA RAM or Flash card like Linux ?
>
> I didn't know that Linux suppored LINEAR FLASH.
>
> But the answer is now.  The only flash supported at the moment is ATA
> flash, which is about the only flash you can actually buy these days.

No, there are the ones used in networking equipment, like Cisco routers,
which is Intel Type2 flash, it would be GREAT if we at some point could
read and write them on FreeBSD boxes ...

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: Geek            @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)