Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:15:33 EST
From:      MaVeN2600@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help!

    Hello, I am having a little trouble with my first install of freebsd. It
either just stops, and on the alt-f2 console says bad checksum or now it has
decided to say: acd0:Read_Big ILLEGAL REGUEST asc asaq=00 error=04. I was
wondering if it may be due to the fact that i am using an old Packard/Hell
mainboard as a base for the system. I am trying to install to a Maxtor 4.3gb,
but the 1994 pheonix bios can and does report proper geometries in (auto),
but may not support it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Piotr Frackowiak
Austin, Tx
AMD Fabbie by day