Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:21:13 +0200
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [phantom@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: www/tools/portsgrowth ports.log]

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 03:13:46PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:43:27PM +0200, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> > Dear portmgr team,
> >
> > If you do have some list of files which need be edited after each
> > commit to INDEX (sure you have) please add this one there too. It
> > will allow us to have always up-to-date ports grow diagram at website.
> >
> > Process is quite easy -- after commit to INDEX
> >
> > $ cd www/tools/portsgrowth
> > $ make update
> > $ cvs ci
>
> Why not to set-up a cron job on freefall, which will do it automagically?

Automatic checkins ?

Actually it's possible to do it with standalone make process, but I didn't
it because checkins into INDEX are very rare, and adding processing
INDEX (checkout & scan) -- just adding unneeded overhead and disk io.

Also since we have few places there're amount of ports/ tree are hardcoded
(en/ports/..., sysinstall/..., etc) and need to be updated after INDEX checkins
- adding one more action to this process is better solution than forcing to
rescan INDEX each www/ build.