Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:49:27 +0100
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        greg simonoff <gsimonoff@geocities.com>
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD - CYRIX

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 07:21:33PM -0800, greg simonoff wrote:
> Hi,
>     I tried all the - I suppose - pertinent settings listed in the
> config you sent me.  The system runs just the same. Everything works,
> but Netscape - "floating point exception" - core dump.  I'm running
> (trying to run) version 4.73.   What version of Netscape are you using?

I'm using Netscape Navigator 4.76 (FreeBSD version).

>     When I look at dmesg on my system I notice that npx0 is associated
> with "INIT 16" is that what you see? I would expect it to be associated
> with "irq 13" per the config file - perhaps?.

My dmesg shows:

Copyright (c) 1992-1999 FreeBSD Inc.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
	The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE #3: Sat Dec 30 01:46:35 CET 2000
    root@junior.kasby:/usr/src/sys/compile/JUNIOR
Timecounter "i8254"  frequency 1193182 Hz
CPU: Cyrix 6x86 (486-class CPU)
  Origin = "CyrixInstead"  DIR=0x2231  Stepping=2  Revision=2
[snip]
npx0 on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
[snip]

>     I haven't tried lowering the compilation optimization yet - ran out
> of time.  I cut out almost as much stuff as you from the config file
> though.
>
> GREG
>
> end of the original message

Recompile the kernel without optimization and see what happens. If the problem
persists, I'm afraid I can't solve your problem.

	Francesco Casadei

P.S. Please always send replies to the list, so that other can read the entire
thread... maybe someone has the same problem as your and find useful reading
this thread.