Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:34:54 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Kyle <freebsd@sysmach.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patenting the digit 1 and 0

On Thursday 29 March 2001 15:34, Kyle wrote:
> I can't believe it !!
>
> Bill Gates is patenting the digits 1 and 0. He's gonna charge 10 cents
> every digit. He's the richest guy on earth and he is about to become even
> richer.
>
> http://3520040376/new_010325/alert/breakingnews.html
>
> Now, I wished I had thought of something like that before he did. I hope no
> one is gonna patent freebsd and start selling it. :/

You can't patent something that is already public domain. Now if he can
improve them and use them in a new windoze version..........

     Beech Rintoul - Network Manager - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510