Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:33:12 +0200
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Xperfmon++ on 2.2.1

----------

Hi!

It's a known problem! Please use the port on my ftp site, or the -current
ports. They should fix the problem. The 2.2.1 xperfmon package is build on an
obsolete source base, sorry!

Regards and success

Lars

 > Hi,
 > 	I upgraded to 2.2.1 from CD over the weekend. It went with
 > out a hitch. Even cooler was that I had the CD in and it booted from
 > that! (Nec SCSI on a 2940) Extra cool!
 >
 > 	However, afterward I pkg_add xperfmon++ 1.40 and tried running
 > it. Unfortunately, at the first update, it crashes with one of a couple
 > of errors. 'Can't malloc' or 'Can't remalloc'. That's not the real words
 > used, but you get the idea. I tried as me and root, both are in kmem.
 >
 > 	Any ideas?
 >
 > Paul.
 >
 > --
 > Sir, I have a cunning plan... - Baldrick

Internet:                                       |  Lars Koeller
  Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE      |  Department of Physics
  ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de             |  University of Rostock
PGP-key:                                        |  Germany
  http://www.nic.surfnet.nl/pgp/pks-toplev.html |

----------- FreeBSD, what else? ---- http://www.freebsd.org ------------