Date:      31 Oct 2002 03:16:26 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "William N. Culler Jr." <william@neo.rr.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: update to bonobo-activation 1.0.4 problems

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 19:58, William N. Culler Jr. wrote:
> I am running 4.7 RELEASE and today I just so happened to run a
> portupgrade that upgraded bonobo-activation to 1.0.4 this went fine, but
> when I restarted Gnome it locked up while loading the desktop which
> never succeeded to load.  I reinstalled bonobo-activation 1.0.3 and it
> loaded fine.  I decided to go ahead and do a fresh install of the Gnome2
> port to see if that fixed the problem, but everything that depends on
> the new bonobo-activation fails to compile and errors out after
> bonobo-activation 1.0.4 is compiled and installed.  Just wanted to bring
> it to people's attention.

Unfortunately, being on the road, I cannot fully analyze this problem.
As a shot in the dark, can you try a reboot after installing
bonono-activation?  This will make sure that the bonobo server stops as
well as things like gconfd-2.  If I get reports that this does not work,
I'll revert to 1.0.3 until I get back to my GNOME 2 development
machines.

Joe