Date:      Fri, 11 May 2007 09:18:07 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        David Kalliecharan <davidkallie@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux nwn problem

Quoting David Kalliecharan <davidkallie@gmail.com> (from Thu, 10 May =20
2007 10:57:27 -0600):

> Hello all,
> I fixed my 3d issue and can play games (linux-quake3 uhexen2 neverball
> etc..) but when I run Neverwinter Nights the game loads and I can
> select a character but when I go to play the module it loads up to 3/4
> and then I get this message:

Which FreeBSD version? amd64 or i386? Did you change the linux =20
osrevision (sysctl), and if yes to which value (and does it work if =20
you don't change it)? Which linux_base version?

> Starting Neverwinter Nights...
> Abort trap (core dumped)

NWN does something the system doesn't like. This may be because of a =20
bug in NWN which Linux forgives but FreeBSD doesn't, or because of a =20
bug in our linuxulator.

You could do a "ktrace -i" on NWN to see which syscalls it makes (you =20
need linux_kdump, for FreeBSD 7 on i386 I have a package in =20
http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20