Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:51:29 +0200
From:      Soso Lolex <sosobsd@email.ro>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   : Re: FreeBSD 4.5 instalation failure

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Soso Lolex wrote:
>
> > okay, here are more deails:
> >
> > I have one disk (Western digital 6.4 Gb) on which i had before
> > installed FreeBSD 4.5 , 256Mb memory, Duron 700 Mhz; So, when I
> > tried to install FreeBSD 4.5 I had one DOS partition (FAT32/Win2k)
> > and I also created a BSD partition 2.8 Gb (/), and a swap
> > partition of about 150 Mb.  It is not possible to run out of disk
> > space because after some failed installations I choose to instal
> > only "user" packages, without development packages or X packages,
> > and the installation process still failed the same.
> >
> > So, I personally give up, I simply dont see what is wrong.
>
> Nah, don't give up so easily :)
>
> What is the *exact* error message you're seeing?
>
> - Giorgos

Hmm, I dont remember the *exact* error message but I know that was related with /bin directory, something like it cannot copy or install /bin from CD (or hardisk if I tried to install it from DOS partition) and the error message came up when progress bar was at 100%, and all other directories were installed well.

It is possibly that my image is broken...

  Thanx anyway,

soso