Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:27:54 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Couple questions about 'make release'

Hi,
I'd like to do a 'make release' on my machine so that my friend can install
FreeBSD without having to re-install it.  I was reading a page in the FAQ
13.2. How do I make my own custom release?
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ242.html

I am a little confused by this, why the prefex and base as they are, can I
not use my sources in /usr/src/ ?

I realize that I don't usually grab the www, and doc-all targets, and I can
grab those.  By re-reading this it appears that I need to grab my ports and
dump them in by cvs tree also, is this correct.

Basically what I'm asking, is, if I already have a good chunk of what I need
in /usr/src, why can't I grab the extra little bit, put it in /usr/src (via
cvsup), or can I?
Christopher J. Michaels
Corel Priority Technical Support
chrismic@ClientLogic.com

"f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng."