Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 19:16:10 -0400
From:      Donald Steinaker <donald@idsi.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems Downloading Netscape 6.2

I've been running FreeBSD 4.5 since it was released using the Konqueror
web browser that comes with the KDE desktop on my Athelon based PC.  I'm
having problems downloading Netscape 6.2.  Having read through the
Handbook several times has helped me appreciate FreeBSD more but I'm
still stuck.

The freebsd.org/applications.html page indicates that Netscape Navigator
has a BSD version but after going through the browser.netscape.com page
and then clicking on "Download Netscape 6.2.3" when I click on "Linux",
I get a "Warning - Konqueror" message saying "Open
'http//ftp.netscape___u-installer.tar.gz' using 'Archiver'?" with "Save
to disk" or "Open" options both leading me to dead ends.

"Save to disk" leads me to a window showing a location of
"netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz"; clicking on "Open" leads
me to a window showing 7 files totaling 282.7 KB all starting with
"netscape-installer".

Any advice on direction is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Don