Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 20:01:13 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Looking for a Newsletter Mail Program

Rahul Siddharthan said on May 19, 2000 at 19:52:02:

> > > Not sure what you mean by that, esp. as you only want one person to
> >
> > If a person replies to the email that is sent out by the list, I do not
> > want that email re-distributed.
> > Most people will think that replying to me is the same as replying to the
> > newsletter. So I would like to be able to configure a
> > non subscribe/unsubscribe message to the list to either be ignored or be
> > treated as an unsubscribe (or whatever I decide in the future).
>
> Your best bet would be to bcc the list address so that users don't see
> it and replies don't go there.

Or if you *really* want any mail sent to the list to be treated as an
unsubscribe (or some other request), I'm sure it can be done, but
you'll need to learn a bit about the syntax of a .qmail alias file.
Basically you'll have to set it up to forward/pipe such a mail to the
appropriate address/program.

R.