Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:24:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        sobomax@freebsd.org
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, rwatson@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DDB scripting, output capture, and textdumps

In message: <47682ED1.7000702@FreeBSD.org>
            Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org> writes:
: Robert Watson wrote:
: >     buffer, kernel message buffer, kernel configuration (if compiled into
: >     the kernel), panic message, and kernel version string.  These are
:
:
: Just a sidenote - maybe as part of this change it makes sense to make
: compiling configuration into a kernel opt-out, not opt-in? We are in
: 21st century, nobody really cares about saving few kilobytes of kernel
: memory anymore.

In the embedded world, it matters.

And we already have opt-out.  'include GENERIC; nodev X, nodev Y,
nodev Z'

Warner