Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:21:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Scott Bogert <scott.bogert@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I am confused.

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Scott Bogert wrote:

> It says in the documentation that the boot floppy (which i have successfully
> created) will get and set up the files automatically.  You can't mean from a
> dial-up isp.

Sure do.

> All the software for dialing the connection etc. couldn't fit
> on one little floppy could it?

Yes it does.  This is not M$ bloatware.  :)

> And if it could...you say that you need your
> IP address, and that of your server (the dial-server?), if my IP address is
> assigned by my server, then how could i know in advance what it is? (or will
> all this be taken care of automattically by the software, seems i read
> something to that effect).

Just enter 0.0.0.0 as the addresses for both ends of the
connection and it will set them accordingly once the connection
is made.

> If i knew what files to download to my windows HDD (I wish to install
> FreeBDS on my second HDD) then i would be happy to do that.

That's the hard way.  It WILL dial your ISP and allow you to grab
everything you need.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null
       Mail from netcom.com blocked until they stop relaying SPAM