Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:47:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        marcs@znep.com (Marc Slemko)
Cc:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dropped of the lists, *AGAIN*

Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>
> [...]
> > 	in the past you have bounced mail.  anyone that bounces
> > 	more than 20 messages in a 24 hour period may be removed
> > 	from the lists.  i dont send them email saying "your being
> > 	removed because you're bouncing mail" because they are
> > 	bouncing mail ;)
>
> It would be useful if such mail could be sent x (eg. 2-4) days after the
> fact to handle the common case where there is some temporary problem.

	i started adding people to a bounces mailing list.
	mail is sent once a day to all bounces subscribers
	telling them of their plight, how to resubscribe,
	how to unsubscribe from bounces and how to contact me.

	no one ever did!   i gave up adding people after a
	couple months.  guess i didnt wait long enough.
	some of them may yet come back from the dead ;)
jmb