Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:18:54 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Docs on Interrupt registration changes (2.2.x to 3.0 to 3.1) ???

Well, managed to get blindsided again today trying to move some device
drivers to 3.1... Apparently, at least with ISA device drivers, you must
now register the interrupts that they use.

So, from what I've seen, in 2.2.X, ISA drivers register themselves based on
the kernel configuration. PCI just "did the right thing"

In 3.0, you had to add ISA device drivers to isa_device.h in one of the
kernel directories to get them registered automatically. PCI, again, appears
to do the "right thing"(tm) automatically.

In 3.1, it appears that you have to call functions out of kern_intr.c to
get ISA interrupts registered properly. So far, it appears PCI continues
to work as it did (although I really haven't looked at this in 3.1).

So, given the changes, could someone point me at a primer for 3.1 for
the "expected changes" to ISA drivers to get them up and running under 3.1?
Thanks.
		-Brian