Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:02:48 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        Stormy Henderson <stormy@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports can't find X11

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Stormy Henderson wrote:

> But I'm stumped by this piddily ports problem:
> ===>   rxvt-2.4.7 depends on shared library: X11.6 - not found
>
> I've seen this mentioned before, but I can't seem to find the solution now
> that I need it.  I'm running 3.0-19981118-SNAP, with the X11 distribution
> installed from the same directory on current.freebsd.org.  I supped a new
> bsd.port.mk, but it's the same version I already have.

Do you have the prog part of the X distribution installed?  Alot of
X11 stuff won't compile without it.. i.e., Window Maker, Afterstep,
etc.

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: