Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:36:18 -0700
From:      "Lynette Tillner" <ltillner@avs-1.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Looking for better Web Host for my FreeBSD based hosing needs!

Hi,=20

For the last year, we've had our company website hosted on a Virtual =
Private Server that runs on FreeBSD 4.8.  I've been having some problems =
getting support from that organization and want to look at moving to a =
different web host. =20

There are many reasons why we use an external company for our webspace =
rather than doing it all internally.  I am now running a FreeBSD 4.10 =
machine in house for development purposes but will also use an external =
source for the actual production pages and database. =20

My problem is that we are a very small organization and the cost for a =
dedicated server has been prohibitive in the past.  Also, we never =
really needed all the disk space and "do-it-yourself" headaches.  Since, =
for the past 3 years we were a one-person do-it-all IT department =
(that's changing as we grow, but we still have a long way to go!)  So, I =
need GOOD and RELIABLE SUPPORT, the "common" stuff for WEB Hosting =
pre-installed (FreeBSD, Apache (including Apache-ASP), CGI, MySQL, Perl, =
PHP, Sendmail, etc) and both SSH and Webmin access to the remote server. =
=20

Any recommendations for a great Web Hosting Company that will provide =
outstanding service and support to a small, but very webcentric =
organization would be greatly appreciated!=20

Thanks!=20
Lynette