Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2019 08:48:25 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crashing Apache port

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 07:48, The Doctor via freebsd-ports
<freebsd-ports@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Got a major concern.
>
> I upgraded to FreeBSD 12.0 over the weekend.
>
> Ports were upgraded correct on the servers.
>
> Made an adjustment for apache 2.4 .
>
> Suddenly one one server httpd is crashing without reason.
>
> Ran gbd it turns out a module in devel/apr1 might be at issue.
>
> Can we get consistency?

Since no one else running apache 2.4 is seeing this, I would suggest
that the issue is due to your upgrade rather than the port. Are you
*SURE* that all your ports were rebuilt correctly? Have you removed
the compatibility shim? ie:
  # cd /usr/src
  # yes | make delete-old delete-old-libs

If a port refuses to start once the old-libs have been removed, it
indicates that it is outdated and needs to be recompiled.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>