Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:47:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Schmidt <james@JamesSchmidt.Com>
To:        Victor Ponomarev <vick@unet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: se7500+dual xeon?

It's been a known issue for quite some time that the SMP in 4.x is
broken with the SE7500CW2 boards (Linux and XP appear to function
correctly) and as far as I know a fix was never found.  I have not tried
fooling around with FreeBSD 5.x on it however.  Last I heard it appeared
to be related to an incorrect APIC id problem of some kind, but I am not
technically proficient enough (at that level) to know any more than that.

I would assume that this is related to that same problem, but someone
please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Regards,
James