Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 22:17:28 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Preston S. Wiley II" <pwiley@freebsd.tesserae.com>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Configuration.

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 19:08:00 -0700 (PDT), Preston S. Wiley II wrote:

>In comparing FreeBSD w/ Linux, I've heard alot of people bitch and
>moan about the difficulty(?) of configuring the kernel. They complain
>about having to edit a file and using weird abbreviations for things. Is
>there anything out there to do this, and if not,

I fail to quite see how this relates to advocacy. Are you suggesting we
either make it easier to configure the kernel or document it better and
then use this as advocacy?

>I seems like it would be
>a fairly easy thing to add. Any thoughts?
I once thought the same way. :-)
Try it.

The thing to remember is that people making changes to kernel most
likely expect having to do some reading.. this is not the type of
things new users uninterested in learning the inner working of the OS
go after.