Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:15:48 +0200
From:      Frank Sonnemans <frank.sonnemans@euronet.be>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3com ethernet card found twice during boot

My 3com ISA ethernet card is found twice during bootup. I run the card in
legacy (non plug and play mode) in order to get all my hardware to run
properly under multiple operating systems.

During boot I first get a message that the EP0 is found with an IRQ

This is followed by a second message that EP1 is found, but followed by an
error that the card has no IRQ

How do I avoid the second probe (disable plug and play probing??,  how??)

Regards,

Frank