Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:14:37 +0200
From:      Roger Pau =?iso-8859-1?Q?Monn=E9?= <royger@freebsd.org>
To:        Akshay Jaggi <akshay1994.leo@gmail.com>
Cc:        soc-status@freebsd.org, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Grant Table Userspace Device - Status Update

Hello,

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 09:59:00PM +0530, Akshay Jaggi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 21 August 2016 at 21:29, Roger Pau Monné <royger@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >

> > OK, no problem, as I said, it looks like this is some kind of bad
> > interaction between the grant table device and md devices, it's worth
> > looking into it, but it's not a blocking issue in any case.
> >

> Mhm. I'll first fix the issues in the xen-gnttab code, and then try to look
> into the interaction when I get time (I'll get busy because of the move,
> already delayed by a month.)
>

> > I've already reviewed all the remaining FreeBSD code, and I plan to commit
> > it once 11.0 is released, so you still have a couple of weeks to look into
> > the md issue if you want.
> >

> Oh! I thought we'll be able to get this in now.
> In that case, I guess I should submit the links to the differentials for
> the final evaluation. Let me know if this works.

I don't think it's required to have the code committed for the evaluation,
in any case putting the links to the review is fine.

> > Regarding the Xen code, I'm not a maintainer of the library that you have
> > modified, so you will have to wait for the Ack of one of the maintainers
> > (next week is XenSummit, so everyone is probably going to be mostly
> > offline).
> >

> Noted.
>

> > Thanks, Roger.
> >

> That's great. I'm happy that everything works. It was a great and enjoyable
> experience working on this project. Special thanks to Pedro and Roger for
> being there whenever I needed help.

Hope you enjoyed the work, and I certainly expect to continue to see you
engaged with the project! Let me know if you would like to work on other
Xen-stuff, or any other areas of FreeBSD and we can certainly try to find
something.

Roger.