Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:33:16 -0700
From:      Gary Schenk <gwschenk@socal.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Magicfilter set up

I'm now trying to get magicfilter working on my HP deskjet 6122. So far
no luck. Here is my /etc/printcap entry:

lp|local line printer:\
	:sh:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
      :if=/usr/local/libexec/magicfilter/dj550c-filter:

The printer works fine with the new hpif script in the handbook, but
when I plug in the magicfilter filter, nothing happens.
/usr/local/bin/magicfilter is set executable for all three groups, as
is the filter itself.

Since everything is seemingly set up correctly, is it just because the
filter is wrong for the printer?

I'm just hoping to be able to use all the capabilities of  the printer,
print color, jpgs and such.

I'm running 4.7-RELEASE.

Thanks,
Gary