Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:02:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      mw@lanfear.com
To:        Dave <dloose@wpi.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:HP Deskjet Woes

    I spent a lot of time fiddling with this stuff on SuSE linux and
their graphical configuration tool to get it "right", and then moved it
over ... much easier that way.  I also had to waste a good number of
pieces of paper :-)

    To get my DeskJet 970Cse working I had to fiddle with various
drivers and the like.  There was a more specific driver than the hpdj
one.  When I selected the 842C, it suggested I run the 860 or the 840
drivers ....   you should be able to get it working just great.

    i might spend the time one of these days to come up with a GUI
printer conf tool for FreeBSD ... it so desperately needs one :-)

    mark.

I'd do