Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:58:57 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   settings PORTSDIR with symlinked /usr/ports

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 02:35:31PM +0200, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> Le Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:37, Jose M Rodriguez a =E9crit :
> > El Martes, 28 de Junio de 2005 12:36, Thierry Herbelot escribi=F3:
> > > I have here a R/O shared ports tree, under the /files2 mount point. A
> > > symbolic link points from /usr/ports to /files2/ports
> >
> > This is not enough.  You must define PORTSDIR.
>=20
> This is indeed a work-around, but this is the first port where I saw this
> kind of problem (and I have some *hundreds* of ports which build correctly
> without setting PORTSDIR).

Discussions in the past have led to the same conclusion: if you
symlink /usr/ports, you need to set PORTSDIR to the new location.  See
also Message-ID: <4034C24E.60709@portaone.com> to freebsd-ports of 19
feb 2004, and a thread before that in which I did not participate and
therefore have no record of right now.

--Stijn

--=20
		-- Mahatma Ghandi