Date:      Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:26:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      user <user@dhp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dvd-ripping to iso on freebsd ...

Hello,

What is a tool I can use on FreeBSD to rip dvd movies to _iso_ ?

Every document I see refers to vobcopy, which is not what I want, as I
want single-file iso dumps of the dvd.

Simply reading the device itself with `dd` (and perhaps piping it to
libcss or whatever) is also not acceptable, because I want very much to
remove macrovision and prohibited user actions (PUAs / PUOs) as well.

I have always used dvd-decryptor under windows and it has worked great,
but I would like to just do it in FreeBSD in the shell, with a command
line.

Thanks.