Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 17:01:18 +0100
From:      Johan Allard <johan@allard.nu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xircom Ethernet-Modem pccard config

Hello,

I have a Xircom Realport Ethernet-Modem card and I can't get both the
modem and the ethernetcard to work at the same time. It seems that as
soon as the configuration finds either one it stops parsing the config
file. I have tested with separate "card" lines in the config and right
now my config is as follows:

# Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + modem
card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56"
#       config  0x27 "xe" ?
        config  auto "sio2" ?
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether xe0 start
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether xe0 stop

This setup is for modem. If I want to use the ethernetcard I
uncomment the xe line.

Has anyone gotten both functions to work at the same time? This is not
a showstopper, it's just plain annoying ;-(

Happy hacking...

//johan