Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 11:10:55 -0400
From:      Charles Green <green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adduser program in C

        A feature I'd like to see added is the ability to detect NIS and
put the new account into the NIS database.

Ollivier Robert stands accused of saying:
} Date: May 25, 13:54
} It seems that Jordan K. Hubbard said:
} > Sure, but for now I'd be happy to see a more functional adduser
} > replacement - so far, none of the efforts which have set out
} > to do this have born any fruit. :(
}
} I have one (new-account) in Perl that need:
} 1. to be documented ;
} 2. to be modified to use the one-user/one-group scheme with a switch.
}
} Except for this two points, it runs fine:
}
} new-account : Account Creation Program.
} Copyright (c) 1993, 94  by Ollivier Robert (roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net)
} Version 1.06.3 on 18/04/95.
}
} Usage:
} new-account [options] login fullname group [group...]
}
}     -N         doesn't execute anything, just show commands,
}     -m         send greeting message to new user,
}     -s shell   specifies the shell to use instead of /sbin/tcsh,
}     -u uid     specifies une user-id to use (default is next free in class),
}     -a alias   specifies the alias to put in /etc/mail/aliases,
}     -p pwd     use that encrypted password,
}     -q         be quiet and do not display messages.
}
} Configuration file is /usr/local/etc/accountrc.
} Group definition file is /usr/local/etc/groupdefs.
}
} This version is even in  Perl4 so one can  use it with the standrad FreeBSD
} Perl from /usr/bin.
} --
} Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
} FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #2: Fri May 10 21:09:14 MET DST 1996
}-- End of excerpt from Ollivier Robert

--
Charles Green, PRC Inc.			             UN*X System Administration
22 Powell Ave. Apt. B 		   	                  UN*X Security   &