Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 16:56:53 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: find/search a string in Netscape

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 06:08:51PM -0800, Mike Meyer wrote:
> GUI. Lynx is a very fine non-GUI browser, but some things need a GUI.
>
> I agree about Chimera. Mosaic is all right - but tables are missing a
> problem. Grail is a little sluggish, and doesn't render the Python
> documentation properly (talk about ironic!). Emacs-w3 would be great,
> but I can't stand loosing my emacs while it loads and renders a page.
>
> I want my AWeb back!

the w3 crowd have devolved thier efforts to yggddrassil (my norse myth is not
as it should be sorry) linux dist company, these guys will continue the
development and marketing of teh product as an open source thingie.

w3 has gone on to start a new web browser that does maths, and tables and all
sorts of stuff that the 'big' boys assume we that endusers take for granted.
this new browser also has builting interactive web page autering based on teh
editor 'toth' project. the new w3 browser is available as sources (linux and a
few other unicies) and some binaries, though not linux, from memory.

thats, it it is called amaya .. and it supports all the initiatives currently
on teh w3.org hit list .. cssl, mathml, xml and wysiwyg webpage building and
deployment .. including renedering complex mathamatical equasions. tables and
the whole netscape, msie, boxed die set.

regards,

jonathan