Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:28:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott Lewandowski <scl@cs.brown.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp proxy not working with ipnat

I am running ipnat on FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE and can't get the ftp proxy to
work. I have tried several different syntaxes, but no matter what I do,
after I connect to an ftp site, transfers of any kind fail (even an ls);
different documents list different syntax for how to use the proxy
features. I have read reports on various newsgroups that the ftp proxy is
broken in current releases of ipnat. Is this true? If anyone has this
working, can you post your ipnat rules so I can see if they will work for
me? Otherwise, does anyone have any ideas? I have tried this with a
completely open ipfilter firewall, and that doesn't help at all.

Thanks for any suggestions. Please feel free to email me directly if you
think more information would be useful.

Scott