Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 23:59:14 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        tom.chappell@industryfigure.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun & FreeBSD?

Three things:

1. We are waiting for JDK1.1.6 which is supposed to have many bug fixes
2. Acquisition of technology sometimes takes a while and in some
   cases we may not be able to get hold of it. Part of JMF involves
   codecs such as H.263 which I am sure we will never be able to
   get hold of from Sun mostly due to licensing issues surrounding
   codecs such H.263.
3. We work on the areas that we like.

	Cheers,
	Amancio