Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:19:46 +0200
From:      Langa Kentane <LKentane@mweb.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'ruan@ctech.ac.za'" <ruan@ctech.ac.za>
Subject:   Can't change shell - Please help newbie

I am using FreeBSD-3.0.  I have recently installed bash on my system.  I
edit the passwd file and changed the path for my shell to reflect the same
path to bash that is reflected on the /etc/shells directory

Problem is that when I log on I still go straight into csh.  I even tried to
change the shell for root and still the same thing happens. I have to change
the shell from the command line everytime now.  What am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance.

	Langa F. Kentane (CNA, MCP)
	Technical Suppot
	M-Web Connect PTY/LTD