Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:18:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@misha.cisco.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ypcat works, ypxfr does not

root@misha:~mi (270) ypcat hosts
[...]
root@misha:~mi (271) /usr/libexec/ypxfr -c hosts.byname
ypxfr: couldn't create udp handle to ypserv: RPC: Program not registered

ypxfr: failed to get order number of hosts.byname: RPC failure talking to server
ypxfr: Exiting: NIS server/map database error

Any suggestions? My machine runs ypbind only right now, but I wanted
to set-up a local yp-slave to speed thing yp a bit. But ypinit
fails, and so does an explicit ypxfr of any of the databases...

ypxfr with explicit `-h master' does not work in the same way... Any
ideas?

I believe, the server runs Solaris... TIA!

	-mi