Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 18:04:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dummynet instability

> Hi,
>
> I've been using Dummynet for quite some time with no stability
> problems. Just recently, I added some more ipfw rules sending traffic to
> my 3 pipes, which makes them:
> I've been getting some "/kernel: -- warning, refcnt now 0, decreasing" and
> "/kernel: -- warning, refcnt now -1, decreasing" text in my messages log
> Has this been fixed? Any tips on how to improve the situation?

am looking at the cvs logs to understand what was going on,
but at first sight the code seems the same (functionally speaking)
that fixed the problem in november.

anyways, this problem was related with route entries changing/going
away while the packet is stored in the dummynet (which does not
last long, usually a few seconds). So, what is your underlying network
structure, do you have multiple interfaces or routes that change etc ?

	cheers
	luigi