Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:32:13 -0800
From:      manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help installing FreeBSD 4.0 on AlphaStation 200

I'd just like to throw out there that although i agree, it would be nice
and simple to get even a semi-decent vid card in there, and out perform
that old TGA chip, some of us have Multias ( yeah, laugh it up :P ), and
we need the one and only pci slot for something else (like a second
ethernet card -- it's my firewall). I don't know how many pci slots an
AS200 has, but that's just something to consider. I suppose I'll end up
doing that too, when i get a pcmcia ethernet card. In any case, it's
just really handy to be able to use the TGA card, when that's all you
can do.

Also, If i DO put a video card in the PCI slot, and want to use that,
how do i make it use it when it boots? will it automatically jump to
using that card when it boots?

-Jesse