Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2018 10:48:44 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        src-committers@freebsd.org, svn-src-all@freebsd.org, svn-src-head@freebsd.org, net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r332645 - head/sbin/ifconfig

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 12:54:59PM +0000, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> New Revision: 332645
>
> Log:
>   Make lagg creation more fault tolerant
>
>   - Warn, don't exit, when SIOCSLAGGPORT returns an error.
>
>   When we exit with an error during lagg creation, a single
>   failed NIC (which no longer attaches) can prevent lagg
>   creation and other configuration, such as adding an IPv4
>   address, and thus leave a machine unreachable.

Hey Andrew,

Since you're on lagg(4) a bit, could you perhaps have a look at this
thread from last year on -net@:

    https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2017-June/048284.html

I've been asked by several people that were using WiFi-CopperNet failover
which worked fine in FreeBSD 10.x but was broken since then.  I'm not
an src committer nor a network stack expert in this area nor I'm using
lagg(4), but perhaps you could expedite on handling this or at least point
us to a more appropriate channel (due to lack of interest on -net@).

./danfe