Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ecsd <ecsd@ecsd.transbay.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Packages broken from 3.2 to 3.3

Evidently, due to rearranging the file system between
releases, it is not sufficient to go into Options,
specify 3.3-RELEASE instead of 3.2-RELEASE, and still be
able to quickly and easily download packages.

The least port one would want is something to go fix up
/stand and /stand/sysinstall to know where things now live.

The other obvious, and hopefully possible, thing to do is to
gum up the FTP tree with links that keep as many prior
installations viable as possible. Just because I am one
release level behind, I shouldn't have to drop what I'm
doing to figure out what to change to make /stand/sysinstall
be able to fetch things correctly. That program was designed
to make support easy for FreeBSD - it should stay as easy.

Just an idea.
-ecsd