Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 1998 23:42:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        fpawlak@execpc.com (Frank Pawlak)
Cc:        toor@dyson.iquest.net, jkh@time.cdrom.com, dshanes@personalogic.com, brett@lariat.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

> On Apr 9, 10:03pm, John S. Dyson wrote:
> > >
> > Each of 'em seems like a Borg nano-probe :-).  (Re: StarTrek Voyager :-)).
> >
> > John
> >-- End of excerpt from John S. Dyson
>
> I'll have to have my wife give me a translation of this.  She is the StarTrek
> person in the family.  I barely know what a Borg is let alone a nano-probe.
> Regards,
> Frank

They are little cyborg entities flowing around in Borg bloodstreams used to
affect the assimilation process among other things.  I am attributing the
typical individual zealot as being about as important as one of the nano-probes
(to the larger collective -- and will be sacrificed if it is valuable to the
collective), all together they have a significant effect.  This is an
assimilation process, where it is a war between the Linux world and the
rest of software.  It just seems that Microsoft is the big target, but
don't be tricked into thinking that war is "freedom" vs. "domination."
Linux and Microsoft are various forms of domination at war.  Microsoft
wants to have all your money, while the GPL movement wants to socialize
inventiveness.

The GPL is not Netscape's friend.  Their upper mgmt doesn't appear to
realize it.

We need to continue growing the free software movement (and the associated
freedom of individuals), and not be left out in the cold.   The Linux thing
is NOT a free software movement, but is an evangelistic pseudo-religion.
It wouldn't suprise me that the same people who might be susceptible to
a cult are the same people evangelizing whatever OS that they have
adopted.  No OS is immune to this, but Linux appears to have more than
it's fair share.

John