Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:36:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      <imura@FreeBSD.org>
To:        imura@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, imura@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/15094: Updated port to ftp/downloader to version 1.07.1

Synopsis: Updated port to ftp/downloader to version 1.07.1

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports->imura
Responsible-Changed-By: imura
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Dec 13 11:29:52 PST 1999
Responsible-Changed-Why:
I'll take it.

The following is a mail I sent to Mario. I forgot to Cc gnats. :-(

---
OK.

> 	As none arrived, I considered appropriate the submition of a
> PR. I know that I could/should have waited more but the submition of the PR
> would give the port's author a pointer in case his unreachable state was due
to a communication/network problem between our parts.
> 	If this is not due process, I apologize. If so, please advise me so
> that I won't commit the same mistake twice as I plan to contribute more
> actively in the future.
> 	I can insist with the author if you prefer but if you add the 1 1/2
> weeks to the time this PR waited for processing, enough time elapsed for
> some sort of response.

Please write like "I waited ... days, but maintainer says nothing" next
time, because we can't determine if we should commit. (It is too heavy
work to let each maintainer know that we have such a PR of yours.)
Some maintainer may feel bad if his port was changed out of his hands. :)

Anyway, thanks for your great progress.
I will commit your change.:)