Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:15:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Thomas Goins <gilligan@techemail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP!!!

Thomas Goins wrote to questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> Hi there.
>
> My name is Thomas and I am really new to this UNIX, FREE BSD stuff. I
> think i just loaded the software on one of the partitions I created,
> but when I restarted my machine, it goes through all this config stuff
> and then it says rebooting in 15 seconds. How do i stop this and if
> the software is loaded, how do i get to the OS?

Ok, so the machine encountered a problem and could not complete the boot
process.  Before you saw the reboot in 15 seconds line, there would have
been some sort of (error) message.  Please save or copy down the
information that appears on the screen before the system reboots, and any
other information that displays that might have some bearing on the
failure to boot.

Also, what version of FreeBSD are you attempting to install?  Are your
HDDs IDE or SCSI?  Did you install the boot manager?  Where (physically)
on the hard disk did you install the FreeBSD partition?

> Thanks for your time.
>
> Thomas Goins

  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Network Administrator, Accounts
  Phone: +1 (306) 664-1161

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2