Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:19:46 +1100
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /dev/dsp problems with "play" (usr/ports/audio/play), but not with wavplay (usr/ports/audio/wavplay)

> I've got a weird little problem... trying to play wavefiles via
> 'play' (usr/ports/audio/play) results in the following (SB Live):
>
> play: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument

Hmm, I'm tracking down a similar problem with waveplay (/usr/ports/audio/
waveplay).  The first time this is run after a reboot is OK, but from then on
it will not work - it gets the same error (doing a SOUND_PCM_WRITE_CHANNELS
ioctl).

I am currently doing a CVSup and I hope to have more information from an
up-to-date system this evening.