Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:39:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual processor setup...

wow... I got a nice mix of people who say that they should be of the same
stepping and others that say it doesn't matter.

when do problems arise?  will they arise on the POST or the install or
will I notice a serious stability degradation?

I have an Asus P2B-LS that supposedly the last revision, so it also
supports a 133mhz bus.  On this board I want to run dual P3-700e's.  So
far, i've done to bootup... and things seem to work, but if I'm going to
have problems in the future... I really need to think this one through.

I've noticed alot of unstablity issues with my mom's dual P3-1gig setup
and Win2k.  This is what made me think that an unmatched stepping might be
a problem.

Also, I don't get the comment about how one processor has to be a P0
stepping.  Care to explain that one?