Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 1996 16:15:23 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commit messages

On Mar 14,  6:41, "Jonathan M. Bresler" wrote:
} Wes Santee wrote:
} >
} > 'Lo all.
} >
} > Is there a mailing list for receiving CVS commit messages for the
} > -stable branch only?  Did a 'lists' command at majordomo@freebsd.org,
} > but didn't see anything that fit the bill.
}
} 	no, ther is not.  and the cvs-meister will have to vet what
} 	i am saying here:  commits to the -stable branch are just
} 	that commits to a branch rather than commits to a cvs
} 	module.  the cvs commit messages are generated be each
} 	commit to a module.  that's why there is not a cvs-stable
} 	list.

Well, your technical explanation is one thing,
but the expectations of people running -stable
is another.

But it might be possible to make both ends meet
and have the commit message mailer send it to a
cvs-stable list, if RELENG_2_1_0 is affected.

I guess, people running -stable would love such
a mail list. (No, I'm none of them, but I have
talked with a few in the past ... :)

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160