Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:34:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, Chad Shackley <chad@gaianet.net>, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:

> 	Was just looking at the SDL Homepage and was wondering what the
> Asynchronous and BiSynchrous speeds mean since isn't it supposed to do
> atleast 1.544MBps?
>
> 	THis is for the RISCCom/N2.
>                               HDLC/SDLC Speeds to 12 Mbps

This is the number you care about.  PPP, Cisco HDLC, and frame relay
run on top of raw HDLC.  We have never cranked them up to 12 Mbps ;-)
but they work fine at 2 Mbps or T1.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015